THE FOLLOWING IS NOT ALLOWED AND/OR FORBIDDEN:
- The use of automation (bots) designed to modify your bids
- Exit blockers
- The promotion of Technical Support sites
- Importing, advertising and/or selling electronic cigarette products in Canada is prohibited
- Any sites that promote products that will enable users to download
- Any form of imitation of our network of Publisher Sites
- Any ads that imitate parts of our network of Publisher sites
- Thumb sizes
- Deceptive designs
- Website elements
- Any visual representation of sexual activities
- By any persons, real or imaginary, under the age of 18 years
- Any content that displays a person portrayed under the age of 18 years and is engaged, or portrayed as engaged, in explicit sexual activities
- Any campaigns displaying persons/performers who are, or look, underage
- Ads which contain racial epithets or ethnic slurs are strictly prohibited.
- Campaigns will be terminated
- Advertisers will be banned
- Refund requests will be invalid
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR GOOGLE CHROME:
The following is considered to create an “Abusive Ad Experience” by the browser Google Chrome, and should therefore be considered not allowed and/or forbidden:
- Ads which auto-redirect a page without user action
- Ads which resemble site warnings or error messages
- Ads which simulate messages, dialog boxes or request notifications
- Ads depicting features which do not work
- Ads which display close buttons that do anything other than closing the element when clicked
- Ads where clicking anywhere outside the border of the ad leads to an ad landing page
- Ads which depict misleading calls-to-action
- Ads which display countdowns are prohibited.
- Ads with play buttons are strictly prohibited.
- Ads with the text “Go to video” or “Watch Video” are not permitted.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR ONLINE CANNABIS ADVERTISEMENTS:
Advertisers must abide by country and/or state-specific laws on digital advertisement of Cannabis and all Cannabis related products.
Please note that country and state laws are subject to change. It is the sole responsibility of advertisers to ensure that their advertisement is in compliance with all regulations based on the targeted state.
- Across all platforms there is a maximum file size of 300KB
- Any of the following are subject to a review if they are affecting site performance
- Landing pages
- Website Traffic UK and WTFlex reserves the right to pause any ads that affect the network of Publisher sites, that we may consider negative, without need for prior notice
- The following can be paused when they infringe on Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, and Trademark laws:
- Campaign ads
- Landing pages
- A surfer must be allowed the option of opting out of additional offers in any subscriptions to a product
- Mouse-over animation is allowed in non-animation spots; additional data that is above 300KB must be downloadable only upon mouse-overs
- Website Traffic UK and WTFlex members can only have one active account which includes both Advertiser and Publisher features, only specific members can hold multiple accounts; these members have been permitted to do so by Website Traffic UK and WTFlex
- To maintain the quality of our bidding platform, ads across multiple campaigns triggered by the same targets on a Spot or Geo Zone, will receive the same treatment as a single campaign on the spot giving multiple campaigns no advantage
- All campaigns must comply with 2257 laws; i.e. ads and landing pages
- All ads are subject to an approval process; can be approved or deemed as inappropriate
- Each landing page must open in a new browser window/tab
YOUNG MODEL OR IMITATION OF UNDERAGE PERSON
- Ads, landing pages, and member areas must be 2257 compliant
- Valid 2257s and ID must be provided upon request for models and actors/actresses
- TrafficJunky has the right to refuse an ad, regardless of 2257’s and ID’s provided if we still feel it negatively affects the user experience across our Network of Publisher sites
- Child pornography is strictly prohibited
THE LAW AND THE CRIMINAL CODE DEFINE CHILD PORNOGRAPHY AS FOLLOWS:
- a photographic, film, video or other visual representation, whether or not it was made by electronic or mechanical means,
- that shows a person who is or is depicted as being under the age of eighteen years and is engaged in or is depicted as engaged in explicit sexual activity, or
- the dominant characteristic of which is the depiction, for a sexual purpose, of a sexual organ or the anal region of a person under the age of eighteen years;
- any written material, visual representation or audio recording that advocates or counsels sexual activity with a person under the age of eighteen years that would be an offence under this Act;
- any written material whose dominant characteristic is the description, for a sexual purpose, of sexual activity with a person under the age of eighteen years that would be an offence under this Act; or
- any audio recording that has as its dominant characteristic the description, presentation or representation, for a sexual purpose, of sexual activity with a person under the age of eighteen years that would be an offence under this Act.
- Ads may have branded pharmaceutical names (i.e. “Viagra”, “Cialis”) & resemble the branded pill’s shape, however, there must be the word *Generic* or a phrase *Better than Viagra* or *Just like Viagra* visibly stated on the banner
- Landing Pages must contain the phrase “Consult your doctor.”
- The use of Disney characters is not permitted
- Underage characters are strictly prohibited (i.e. underage or young Bart, Little Lisa Simpson, and Baby Maggie, etc.)
- Characters must appear of legal age
- Incest is strictly prohibited
- Beastiality is strictly prohibited
- The use of the term “Facebook” is strictly prohibited
- Any imitation of the “Facebook” website or brand, color scheme, logo, and text is strictly prohibited
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR SUBSTANCES
- The advertisement of alcohol products is permitted provided the campaign promotes the product alone and does not depict the use of the product or in a sexual context.
- In the event that a drug is legal in a specific country or state; advertisers must abide by the laws in the region targeted. Ads are subject to review and removal at any given time.
- Any depiction of consumption or intoxicated persons in sexual acts, be it by alcohol or drugs, is strictly prohibited.
Guns can be used in ads (video/Images/GIF) under these conditions:
- not used to acquire sex or in sexual context and
- not used in a threatening manner
ACTS THAT ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED:
- Extreme Violence
ALL ADS THAT ARE DEFINED AS DECEPTIVE OR MISLEADING WILL NOT BE APPROVED. SPECIFICALLY, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- The context and concept of an ad must be related to the landing page
- The following must be included in an ad:
- The following must not be included in an ad:
- Page numbers
- Flashing colors that have a high contrast in comparison to the site must not be used on animated ads. For example, an electric blue background with yellow text and red borders.
THE FOLLOWING ARE MISLEADING:
- Any of the following text is not under any circumstances permitted on ads or banners:
- Ads or banners that use the term ‘Facebook’ or any imitation of the ‘Facebook’ website or brand; color scheme, logo, and text are not permitted
- Ads or banners that imitate the Publisher’s page (this is not limited to other page elements, icons, logos, or color schemes)
We take advertising extremely seriously here and these regulations above are to ensure that our platform and network are a safe place for advertisers to advertise their businesses on our publishers sites. Anyone found to be using or diverting traffic to such sites will be banned from the network and reported to the police as the majority of our regulations are in fact illegal in the United Kingdom.